Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 82--Evanston, WY













This week was a little bit of a harder week. We recently went through some MLS lists from the clerk. There seems to be a bit of potential on there so hopefully we can meet and teach some of these people! We were hoping many people would be home for the holidays but everyone seems to drive to Utah or somewhere for them instead of staying here.

We had interviews with President this week which was great! I am so happy I get to keep my mission president for my whole mission. I lovehim! He is such a kind and loving man. A good model for where I want to be someday.

Solan was baptized this week! He is a 9-year old boy whose family is full of recent converts and they hadn't been to church in a while and then we found their family with one of their kids who wasn't baptized! They have like 8 kids total.

Sandy was supposed to be baptized as well but we texted him like 30 minutes before to make sure he didn't need a ride or anything and he texted us back and said he was in Utah! We called everyone and cancelled trying to reschedule it later in the day, but the guy who would be baptizing him went out of town. So then we cancelled everything again and are trying for this coming Saturday! We are going to sit down with him this week and figure out what's going on.

We have a few good lessons set up for tonight so hopefully they go well. We may start teaching a new family tonight and also set a baptismal date for someone I've been working with the entire time I've been in Evanston! I'm super excited!

I started reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning recently and I have once again really appreciated the story of Nephi and his quest for the plates. The thing that stuck out to me most this time was the realization that Nephi and his brothers weren't much different up until they left. I believe that it shows that at some point in our lives there will be something hard and crazy that will happen that will force us to choose follow God and leave behind the world or to follow the world and leave behind God. Surely you can only have your feet in both worlds for so long before they come crashing together and you have to make a decision. I pray that each of us (myself included) will have the faith to make this decision long before we have to!

Love you all and hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Years!

-Elder Bass

No comments:

Post a Comment