Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Week 85--Evanston, WY

This week has been great! I feel my time in Evanston is drawing to a close. It has been amazing though. We found many new investigators this week including a family of four who has accepted the commitment to be baptized late February. They are very prepared. I am learning more tips and tricks to missionary work. One is the importance of not holding on to investigators that aren't ready. Once we figure out they aren't ready it is easy with the iPads to leave a note for future missionaries to stop by and check up on them. God always provides more people to teach it seems. 

One event that happened was my companion changed my password Saturday night. Sunday morning I tried to get in and it wouldn't work. With the iPads if you try 9 times and it fails the iPad completely shuts down and wipes the memory clean. So all pictures, notes, and everything else you saved is no longer there. I tried a few times to open it and my companion must of typed the password in wrong because it wasn't the one he though it was. Anyways, the iPad shutdown and wiped all of my memory. We were giving talks in one of our wards and my talk was on the iPad. So Sunday morning I rewrote my talk. Elder Fallin felt pretty bad. Everything was saved on iCloud so it's ok.

We also had a lesson with Bruce this week. Bruce is someone I've been working with the entire time that I've been here. We thought going into the lesson on Saturday that he would commit. After we talked for a little bit, he told us that his best friend has died the day before. He also told us that one of his wife's relatives had died and there was a funeral being held in CA. At that point we had given up hope of him getting baptized before transfers on Feb 2nd. We read Alma chapter 40 with him and had a discussion about some of the verses. We eventually were talking about being cremated. We invited Bruce the lesson before and others. He said that he would be going to both funerals the coming week. As a side comment at the end, he said, " and I'm going to try to do it before you leave, I find out the funeral time on Monday for my friend." I was super excited. Written, the words he said don't sound very convincing but Bruce is a country guy which when he says he'll try it actually means he'll do it. It will be a very good ending climax. The closing of the first presidency message in the beginning of PMG says, "More happiness awaits you than you have ever before experienced as you labor among his children." It really is true. Driving home that night from Bruce's lesson, the sky was dark and gloomy, snow was falling in big clumps everywhere, and the roads were snow covered and terrible, yet my heart was filled with more joy than I had ever before experienced and a love for God.

Also the zone will baptize more than it has in recorded history of the mission for the month of January. 

Love y’all!


No comments:

Post a Comment