Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Week 42--Holladay, UT

Dinner with a member family


Zone Conference Picture

I don't have a lot of time like usual.

I can't remember everything. We had zone conference and got to hear a few Seventies speak this week. It's pretty much an every other day occurrence. One of them was from the Congo; he only knew french so he had a translator. The one that spoke to our mission talked about how to be a minister of Jesus Christ!

The week previous to this week was one of the worst weeks, number wise, of my mission. Numbers obviously aren't everything they mean very little in the grand scheme of things. They are, however, a great indicator of how effectively and how much you work. That week there were no investigators preparing for baptism with a date. No new investigators. And only 2 member present lessons.

This week we did the exact same things, but people kept their appointments. We now have 6 people who are preparing
for baptism with a date for next weekend. We had 6 new investigators this week which is pretty much unheard of in Holladay. And many lessons. People came to church. People are keeping their commitments.

It is an amazing feeling to know that God is on our side. When I get
done with my mission I want to be able to say what Ammon did a long time ago! " 12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever" haha its nice i can copy and paste that! I love you all! Thanks for everything

Later Notes:
We texted Makenna a 15 year old girl when we thought we were texting her friend saying" Is Makenna coming to church today?". She said she might come to church. I wish with some of the people i would have tried to build more of a solid relationship with them before pushing for a baptismal date. I wish i really would have tried to help her understand the need for it. She ended up coming to church. We set a date for her. She fell away. I was a little to bold and overbearing i think. It really wouldn't have hurt to spend a little more time helping these people. I would have seen the same amount of success if not more.

No comments:

Post a Comment