Monday, March 2, 2015

Week 38-Holladay, UT


Elder Bass and Elder Martineau (Alex shared an apartment with his companionship in Rock Springs, WY)

The elders and sisters at a baptism last week

I don't really know what to say. The week's been good. Transfers are tomorrow. I will be staying in this area and will be training a new missionary. I'm still a district leader amongst missionaries who struggle. You need to prepare for missions. Before I came on my mission I thought that preparation was optional, but it is definitely very necessary. Make sure you know why and have a conviction of why you are serving. Try to go out with the missionaries. Obtain a sure testimony of the Book of Mormon. It makes life a lot easier and more beneficial to your spiritual growth. A mission helps you grow spiritually and if you are still having issues with the basics, it kind of puts a road block on what you can accomplish both in your area and spiritually with yourself. If you come prepared, you will be blessed to be more of an instrument in the Lord's hand and see and experience greater spiritual vistas in a higher magnitude and frequency. Don't wing it. This is your life and your future; don't mess with your salvation and the salvation of others who you could have positively affected or completely changed if only you would have been prepared.

I have had a good week. Mom wants details and I really don't know what details to include. We met an Iraqi family. 2 parents and 6 kids. He moved from Iraq to America 7 months ago. He has a super thick accent and so does the rest of his family. He helped the US build tank facilities and was part of the police force. The terrorist were hunting him down and wanted to kill him so they sent him to America as part of some sort of contract. It is pretty crazy. Elder Thompson is leaving. I'll miss him; he is a good friend. I am excited to stay in the area. I love it. It is an awesome area.
-Elder Bass

Later Notes:
Before i left i kind of ended on a bad note with Elder Thompson. We had a mission training with Elder Clark talking about iPads. At the end, he told everyone to not say anything and get in the car instead of waiting around and socializing and losing the spirit. Elder Thomson and the Elders we were riding with did that. I had to grab my PMG from some of the Elders in WY. I got it and said goodbye and came over. He chastised me in front of the elders in the car. When they left, I got upset with him and said it wasn't fair to do that in front of the Elders. We were kind of upset with each other the rest of the time together. After we got different companions, we continued to be good friends.

When Elder Thomson and I were sitting the mission meeting, Elder Thomson said that i was going to get the anti-social looking missionary. I ended up getting the awesome good-looking Australian companion. He was a little bitter.
At tranfers, Alex is hugging his new companion that he will be training

Only 5 new missionaries this transfer! Alex will be training Elder Baldry (Front with yellow tie)

No comments:

Post a Comment