Monday, March 23, 2015

Week 41--Holladay, UT


Elder Baldry and I get along really well. He is a kindhearted person
and wants to be a good missionary. He has been pretty homesick and has broken a few of the rules with the iPad because of it. He is doing much better now though. As of late, I have been really stressed. Sometimes responsibility can be overwhelming. I am learning how to better manage my time and make every moment and effort worthwhile and effective. I'm very tired but I'm also very satisfied with my work.

Kais baptism was a great experience. He is actually descended from
native Hawaiians. His name means ocean in his native language. He has been or rather his family has been inactive for a long time.
Consequently, Kai was never baptized. It was a good wake up call for the parents. Kai was unfortunately not able to be confirmed. He will be confirmed next week. He contracted an ear infection that caused his eardrum to almost rupture on the very day of his confirmation. At the baptism, it was pretty funny. After Kai was baptized, we have a tradition in the mission to share the restoration while the person is changing. I like it because it keeps the Spirit. Anyways, while we were teaching the restoration, Pres. and Sister Eberhardt walk-in the room in the middle of my companion talking. My companion was very nervous to get up in front of a lot of people and teach the message. But when he saw Pres., he froze mid-sentence. I picked up and talked most of the rest of the message because as it says in the Scriptures my companion was struck dumb. Afterwards, we all laughed about the experience.

I was thinking about the meetings this past Sunday; it is actually really common for us to see general authorities. For example, yesterday there was a 70 presiding in one of our sacrament meetings. We have so many meetings on Sundays. We usually start at seven in the morning and go till five at night. There's ward councils and so many missionary type meetings. There are actually five or six 70s who attend our wards in our stake. In a few days, we will be having zone conference. There will be a 70 who will be speaking to us. Thank you all for your love and support.

– Elder Bass

No comments:

Post a Comment