Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Week 43--Holladay, UT

Having some food at zone conference

Sorry mom, it's going to be short this week. I loved conference! I don't remember any talks I didn't enjoy! It was sweet. I am super excited to read them! I got to go to the conference center for the last session of conference. It was fun! It was Elder Baldry's first time. He is a goofy kid. He reminds me of Jared. 

This past week was spring break for the kids here. Everyone vacations here so it was a little rough this week. We did manage to find a few new investigators. One is named Kari. We asked her where she lived and she said her car. It was pretty sad. She said she prayed but didn't know who she prayed to. She has had a very rough life. We are excited to teach her. 

We have a few baptisms planned for this weekend. One is a guy named Mike Ramos. He has come a long ways. He used to drink a 24 pack during the week and a thirty pack for the the weekend. He said he used to go to the clubs and he knew when everyone worked there and all the names of the girls that worked there. And they all knew him and his buddies. He said he used to have to hide to go out with girls, now he hides to read the Book of Mormon! haha. (His wife isnt very supportive). Anyways life is good in Valley View! I've learned a lot of patience lately. haha!

-Elder Bass

No comments:

Post a Comment