Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 39--Holladay, UT





We got Ipads like Tuesday or something. They are pretty cool! Training is fun. My companion is from Brisbane, Australia. He has a thick accent and hard core slang. Apparently in Australia, they don't have swear words or maybe they're just very different. He is super funny and we get along really well. He is very humble and very willing to learn which is honestly all I could of asked for. The district switched up a little bit. We will see how everyone connects. Some of my buddies from WY got sent to our zone which is exciting and Elder Thompson is now in Rock Springs! He's not in my previous area which is too bad.

Training is fun. It is hard though. I went from teaching 50 /50 and doing 50% of the talking to now teaching 99% and doing pretty much all the talking. It was a wake up call when I would pass it off to him and he wouldn't say anything or he'd skip to later points or other lessons. I'm sure I was probably the same. A member invited a friend to be taught in their home. Those lessons always turn out really well. Her name is Lauren. It was a good lesson. She prayed at the end and a lot of us were crying. We have a few baptisms coming up. Hopefully this transfer we will be able to baptize weekly! It's an amazing area. Every house we go to they send us home with food, clothes, accessories, or anything that's cool that you can think of! We are beloved and are really like celebrities. People will take bullets for us, people want pictures with us, and people give us anything that we could want. I am thoroughly convinced that there is no better mission on the planet. We teach, we baptize, and in many ways we live a life of a celebrity. :) I was so naive before I left; this is truly the mission call I desire. I
see serving here as a wonderful tender mercy from God. One thing that I have gained from my mission that I will hold close forever is a relationship with my Heavenly Father. I can't describe in words how grateful I am for the trust and experiences he has given me.

Love you all

Elder Bass

Later notes: 
I remember when the call came in for me to train. We were over at Andy's house. Andy was one of the struggles that Elder Thomson and i had in the companionship. He thought that we should spend more time helping and teaching LAs. I thought LAs were only for instrumental use to find converts. Looking back, I wish that i would have put more time and energy into teaching LAs. There were a few families i really could have helped.

We taught a man named Brett who was a ski-bum from park city. He was the definition of a bro. I remember him crying in that first lesson after he prayed when the spirit touched his heart. It was one of the many miracles that i saw on my mission. It was kinda of funny because we were using the iPads for our presentation and it was really rough. We didnt know how to use them. God magnified our efforts and really helped us.

No comments:

Post a Comment