Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Week 37-Holladay, UT

At training this week, I got to be reunited with my good buddy, Elder Kirsi

It's been a good week. We had a lot of ups and a lot of downs. Brandon who we met like 25 days ago, completely changed his life around and was baptized on Saturday. Quit drugs, smoking, and replaced those things with wholesome activities. It was cool to see the transformation of his character in such a short period of time. He is a very smart guy. He will catch on to everything quickly. I could see him being a bishop in 5 years.

Nathan was an autistic child we have been working with. His parents decided he was over the age of 8 mentally. So we taught him and he was baptized yesterday. It was a very special and spiritual baptism. I could feel God loved him so much. Nathan has a really cool story that I'll share. His parents dropped him off at Young Men one night and apparently he didn't find the room they were in or something. The church is 7 or 8 blocks away. When his parents came to pick him up he was gone. They couldn't find him and the Young Men President said he hadn't seen him. They looked everywhere and still nothing. They went back to their house and started to pray. Nathan walked in the door. He can walk but he is pretty severely autistic. He can only say like three word sentences. Anyways they asked him how he did it. He said that Peter showed him the way. Peter was his Young Men president he was close with a few years earlier who had passed away suddenly.


We had a lesson at temple square with Carson this week. It was my first lesson at temple square and it was pretty amazing! We saw the Christus and saw the temple model and went into a series of movies titled "The gospel blesses families". I cried during the movie and afterwards I got up and testified to Carson that the gospel's purpose is to bring families closer together and closer to God. We had him pray on the spot and he wants to be baptized. It was an amazing lesson. During the videos, I had a profound witness of God's love for me. I felt it so powerfully. I undeniably came to the knowledge that it was not by chance or random that our family was put together. Each person in my family was part of God's design to help me grow and become. I felt like I have had and continue to have a close and intimate relationship with each one of them that began long before earth. These thoughts were so overwhelming to me.

Riquelle who was supposed to be baptized will have to wait til summer. Her mom is, according to her, not emotionally prepared to see her ex-husband. Carson's parents won't let him be baptized until he is 18. Mark came to the last lesson wasted and will not be baptized this coming weekend. 
Lost some potential investigators; gained some.

It's crazy there is no snow here and everyone is freaking out! It's the best winter ever here! Haha! I am excited to see you guys again. I had a little bit of extra time one night, so instead of going to bed early, I pulled out all the Christmas notes and pictures from the calendar and looked over them. I think it might have been the first time I felt a little homesick. I love you guys so much! 

One of our wards we are super close with and they love us to death. For dinners in that ward, there seem to be a lot of girls from 12-16 that happen to be 'visiting' the night we have dinner with their families... It's weird because they all literally look 18. It's super hard to be a missionary in Salt Lake. There are attractive girls literally everywhere. Its really helping me learn to be strictly virtuous!

We get Ipads tomorrow. Super stoked. Should boost the work and the productivity. Transfers are next Tuesday; I'm anxious to see what will happen.


We also got in an accident and were on bike for a few days while they fixed our car. My legs are flippin' sore.


Love everyone have a great week!


-Elder Bass


Later Notes: Elder Thompson and I taught a family that we called the Bartons. We sat in his front room and he drank his beer. They were very respectful. We invited him to take the lessons and he said that he was good. I look back at the tense moments of my mission where i fulfilled my purpose and i am proud of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment