Monday, February 2, 2015

Week 34-Holladay, UT

Esther's baptism


My week has been great! We were able to see Esther get baptized! She is pretty amazing. She has seen so much in her life. The refugees have really rough lives. We had a really amazing sacrament meeting in our favorite ward. Two of our recent converts got up and bore their testimonies, one of them being Esther the day she was confirmed! She talked about how her family had been killed and how she was so happy to have a ward family. She said so many amazing things and she started to cry. It was really touching. She wanted to go home after sacrament meeting because she felt embarrassed that she cried. We explained that she was feeling the spirit and everyone understood. It was a good experience and amazing to see some of the fruit of my labor. I love my mission. The members here would literally take bullets for us. They love us and we love them.

We also had the AP come down and we went on exchanges with him for a few days. It was a good experience. He is a great missionary but he taught me it doesn't matter what kind of person you are or what you can accomplish. All that matters is if you do your part and rely on the Lord for the rest. You will accomplish what the Lord wants you to in your area. Also I think the same principle can apply to us reaching our full potential.

We had a lesson yesterday with a member who brought a guy into his house. We taught him the first discussion. He felt it was true and wants to change his life. He is planning to get baptized on the 21st! There are so many amazing things happening. I can't possibly contain them in an email. I also don't have a lot of time. I love you all and am grateful for your support

-Elder Bass

Later Notes: Elder Connell, the traveling assistant, came down. It was awesome. I was with Elder Thompson and Elder Connell. I felt on top of the world being in the presence of two straight studs. He told me some stories and some experiences that really gave me a vision of faith and seeing what God accomplish in my area. I remember that he chastized me and was upset about a visit that we had to a bishop. We didnt have any work with his ward and reported such. He was upset that i didnt have someone to work with and why the report sucked. I really liked that because it gave me the realization or the beginning of the realization that i had no idea what accountability was and i needed to learn what it was because it is an eternal principle.

No comments:

Post a Comment