Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 100--Murray, UT

The past few weeks have been good. It is somewhat scary that things are drawing to a close. I reflect often about the experiences I've had and if I have lived up to my potential. It is a scary question to ask at the end of your mission. The question: Did I fulfill my purpose?

Elder Archer and I have grown to love a man named Garrett. He is the father in a family of 4. They have two young children. His wife is a fireball with the gospel. We started teaching them a few weeks ago. We came over initially and talked about his BBQing abilities(he is ranked in the nation!). He invited us to try some so we ate dinner with him. He was very standoffish at first but eventually opened up. He agreed to be baptized last weekend. It was one of my favorite services on my mission. 

We recently started teaching a man from Moldova. He is a funny guy. He just showed up to a church and asked for a Book of Mormon on a Wednesday night. He later explained that when he first moved here he had the impression to come to church but he never did. 8 years later he got the impression to go again and this time he did. It really is a testament of the reality of God preparing souls.

It was fun to talk to everyone! Happy Mothers day Mom!

Love y'all
Elder Bass

Garrett's baptism!!


Cowboy with chins!


 Skyping with Alex:


No comments:

Post a Comment