Monday, May 30, 2016

Week 103--Murray, UT

Hey Everyone!
Its been a pretty good week. Elder Archer and I have been pretty sick for most all of it. We are getting better though. Also the members take good care of us. 

A few days ago I had a good experience. We were just going through our plans and seeing a lot of rejection with everyone, but still pushing along. I got a prompting to go to this house that is off the road a little bit. I ignored the prompting a few times then decided to follow. Anyways we went down to the house. The lady opened the door. It turns out it was an active widow in one of our wards. Her son in law was currently there fixing something for her. We shared a message and a prayer with her. She was beaming and laughing the entire time we were there. I thought about the experience and wondered why God had prompted us to see her. We are ministers of the everlasting gospel sent to preach the first principles and ordinances of it. Typically it is those who are less active or nonmember. I realized that at that time He needed someone who would answer the call to visit a widow. Salvation is salvation. This experience gave me some foresight on a little bit of what my role will be after I return home. God will still need me to do much of the same things and it will be just as important and similar as my role now.

It's hard to press forward at the end. Thanks for the emails!

Love Y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment