Monday, December 21, 2015

Week 80--Evanston, WY

At Transfers...new companion Elder Fallin

Superman...all my companions have been workout buffs. :)

Elder Bass and Elder Fallin at transfers


It was a crazy week with zone conference and our mission Christmas dinner and devotional. I got to catch up with some of my old buddies. It was enjoyable. We listened to Elder Gaye talk. He shared some valuable insights. I really appreciated him coming to the mission. We were only in our area for two days this week, so not a lot happened in the area. I-80 got shut down mid-week and so it was quite the fiasco working out all the logistics in the zone. 

My companion is Elder Fallin. We were actually in the MTC together. We have a good relationship so it will be a fun transfer. We also have a lot of people we are currrently working with and more on the way. We are excited to get to work and see a lot of good things this coming transfer.

We had 8 people attend sacrament meeting this week! There was a lot who came to see the Christmas programs.

I'd like to share an insight that I found this week that has personal meaning to me. I have been trying to have more of a desire to be more accountable to my leaders and to God. I have also been praying about it. This was an excerpt that I read from Elder Christofferson's talk on the Resurrection of the Savior: 


"Having satisfied the demands of justice, Christ now 
steps into the place of justice; or we might say He is 
justice, just as He is love. Likewise, besides being 
“perfect, just God,” He is perfect, merciful God. 
Thus,the Savior makes all things right. No injustice 
in mortality is permanent, even death, for He restores 
life again. No injury, disability, betrayal, or abuse goes 
uncompensated in the end because of His ultimate 
justice and mercy. By the same token, we are all 
accountable to Him for our lives, our choices, and 
our actions, even our thoughts. Because He 
redeemed us from the Fall, our lives are in reality His."   

I really enjoyed reading this passage. I continue to ponder the meaning. To me this means that I owe Christ everything. Because without Christ, my life would be void of everything good. I would experience pain and hurt but would be unable to find relief. Because he has paid for my choices and I will stand before him one day to account for what I have done, I have a responsibility to live up to his expectations.
Hope you have a great Christmas!! Love you all !!!


Later Notes:
Elder Fallin and I had our challenges but overall it turned out well. At the very end, I confronted Elder Fallin about the rules and i was biased towards a few things and he was very upset. We never really had that problem resolved. Elder Fallin had quite the temper. He kept it under control most of the time but there were a few times that he let it out. I remember him punching the ground really hard after someone hit him with a dart arrow. 

Elder Fallin loved working out. He really was a good guy who wanted me to meet my goals. He really tried to help me work out. We had a lot of nerf wars and a zone activity. It was a good transfer. We saw a lot of success.


Wyoming zone at Christmas zone conference


Wyoming zone--goofy








At Christmas dinner


Christmas dinner 2


No comments:

Post a Comment