Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 44--Holladay, UT

Thanks for the package. My comp really appreciated it too.

Transfers came around again and I'm staying in mill-creek with Elder Baldry! I am happy to stay with him. I told God that I would love to stay and I'm glad he granted my wish! I will be ready to leave after this transfer. I love my wards here and my companion is pretty awesome. We get along great; the district is great. Everyone's getting up on time now! We decided that we are going to the track every morning. It's fun to hang out with the elders in the morning and play soccer and stuff. 

We had a baptism this week. Bro Ramos was an hour late. It is cool; I have been working with him since I came here so it was cool to see him baptized. Bro Ramos said he didn't care who baptized him so I thought it would be cool if Elder Baldry did it. I was able to do his confirmation.We will see what unfolds this coming transfer.  I love missionary work; life is good!

-Elder Bass


I also received this email and picture yesterday from a lady in his area:

Dear Sister Bass,

My name is Kristine Eccles.    I live in Salt Lake City where your son is currently serving in our stake.   My husband is the bishop of the Valley View 6th ward, and we have had the pleasure of getting to know your son over the past several months.    I just wanted to let you know that Elder Bass is an amazing missionary!   He is so dedicated and works very hard!    He is not timid about sharing his testimony with all those around him and cares deeply about the people in our area.     We feel so blessed every time he visits and brings his sweet spirit into our home, often leaving us with a wonderful spiritual message.   What a great example he is for my children!   He stood up today and bore his testimony in church with such confidence and love, and I know many were touched.  Thank you for all you have done to raise and prepare such a wonderful young man for this missionary work.  

Here is a photo of Elder Baldry and Elder Bass (sorry it's a blurry photo).     They are a great team and sure work hard!   

Sincerely,
Kristine Eccles

(She also sent me this additional picture of Elder Bass and his previous companion, Elder Thompson, on Elder Thompson's birthday.)


No comments:

Post a Comment