Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 46--Holladay, UT



Life is good like always. hmm...stories. We started this two week program with one of our investigators named Carson. We made a calendar for him. Each day it has a read and pray box and a church box on Sunday. We started it Wednesday and we will be finishing it this Wednesday. He will either choose to set a date for baptism or stop meeting with us for a little bit. It was cool because Saturday night part of the two week plan we created included fasting. Saturday night we taught him about fasting. The room that we were in was fairly dimly lit. We were around his fire place. The spirit was strong. Us and three of his friends were there. We knelt in prayer with Carson and he said the prayer to start the fast for him, us, and his friends. The bishop got the word out across the ward and many fasted for him this weekend too. I really hope Carson gets baptized. I cannot tell you how many prayers i have said on his behalf. 

We taught another family called the Zombranos. They are from Mexico and are originally Catholic. I have been working with them since I came here. We taught them the law of chastity this week. They aren't married and we were very unsure on how they would take it.They said they wanted to. They also said they wanted to be Mormon which is very ground-breaking with them. They are a family of 7. I have come to absolutely love this family as well. It would mean everything to me to see them experience the joy of entering the waters of baptism and seeing them come that much closer their Father in Heaven.

There were two people who were baptized this weekend. Desari Marshall and Jessica Langley. They are nice and excited to get started in the gospel. They each had complexities but they were eventually resolved. The Book of Mormon resolves most things. If the Book of Mormon is true. Joseph Smith was a prophet and the gospel has been restored and is true. A lot of what we do is help people understand that their real concern is whether the Book of Mormon is true. We help them live by its teachings and help them see how it improves the quality of their life. Anyways, I love the mission field. I love my Redeemer. My heart is full of gratitude to have the opportunity to use and to be aware of the condition of repentance. It fills my soul with joy to know I can experience change, lasting change, change with God. Change that replaces feelings of regret, emptiness, distance from God, hate, and hurt with hope and a feeling of greater reconciliation with God. The great plan of redemption is my life and my passion. It is my drive and I intend that everyone has the best opportunity to receive it.

-Elder Bass


No comments:

Post a Comment