Monday, September 29, 2014

Week 16-Rock Springs, WY

I really don't have much to report. Mariana is doing awesome and she will be baptized Oct. 11. She bore her testimony yesterday in sacrament which I was super happy about. She really wants to become better and she is.  And she's humble.

Vicki finished Jesus the Christ. They gave us a gift package expressing their gratitude. I love them so much. They wrote a note to us expressing gratitude that I was "their missionary!" It affirms once again that I am supposed to be here.

Elder Hanks and I have been working a lot. We recently found a new family to teach. I'm not sure how it will go. I think that they will progress slowly. I am very grateful for this opportunity to serve. I'm really having a good experience. I'm working on being more bold and I'm improving a lot. Elder Hanks and I have been trying a new strategy than is the tradition in our mission and it's working out quite well. We've found 5 new investigators. We WALK and do list work. As we walk, we street contact and wave to passing cars and look for service opportunities. It has occupied our time quite well and I feel it is an effective way to go about things. So many people see us walking around and working and that builds trust in us.

I'm worried for Heather. She knows its true she just needs to find the time to meet with us. I feel it is a very sensitive time for her. We are finding much success with teaching and helping people come closer to Christ. Missionary work revolves around three principles as dad said: Work , Obedience, and love for everyone. I'll try to remember some cool experiences next week.

Elder Bass

Later Notes: I remember one experience going into more of a richer area in Rock Springs. A family was having a garage sale. They were an older couple. We browsed around the yard sale a little bit and i think that they gave me a calendar. I remember i opened up a religious conversation with the man of the house. I remember they weren't interested but it was still a good experience.

I remember many instances of me just going for it. Just saying the bold thing and exposing myself because i didnt really understand how to or even know what i was doing. \

Quote from my journal this week: I cant wait til i get to the point where i care less about myself and more about others.

I remember on quite a few occasions we had to stop and work something out. Usually it was over dumb things. I remember one time in particular in the car. It was dark and it was on a dirt road in a big trailer park. It was probably about my sarcasm.

Elder Kirsi would stay up late many nights and talk about stuff with Elder Martineau and how to help him.

No comments:

Post a Comment