Monday, September 22, 2014

Week 15-Rock Springs, WY

Thank you for the video. I miss you guys a lot and Micah. I took a few pictures too.  My new companion is Elder Hanks from Charlotte, North Carolina.

Our TV we acquired

Elder Page, my first District Leader, before he went home

​Sister Tennyson lives only a few blocks away from me so we see each other a lot. Vicki lives across the street from where the sisters live. We were pulling weeds for Vicki and the bucket ran out of room, so we found another place for the extras weeds. The sisters car....

 This Elder Hanks, my new companion, and all his glory

Elder Kirsi from Finland. Elder Kirsi is a stud.

 Elder Hanks and I...we all get along really well in our apartment. 

We have American flags up everywhere for Elder Kirsi. This is me showing American Pride!

Elder Kirsi and Martinaeu and I.


We found some white boards around. We are now using them for our goals and so forth. We have a visit list depending on what time of the day it is. The names on the bottom of that board are those we potentially could have on date.


Sister Tennyson and I. We live like right next to each other! I was so happy she got to come to WY. This will probably be her last area. It is likely I will see her off. I was so happy at transfers!!


Some crazy things have happened in our mission this past week. Here is a statement sent out by our mission about what's been going on:

"Elders and Sisters

This has been a very busy and somewhat difficult week.  Transfers are always hectic and cause much anxiety.  Our mission has been blessed through some recent trials.  In the last week, four of our missionaries have had relatives who have passed away.  Elder Totten fell off his bike and experienced a concussion.  Elder Valdez had an emergency appendectomy.  Both of these Elders are doing well. Our dear Elder Graydon experienced a terrible reaction to a food allergy.  He is still in extremely critical condition and needs every one of us praying for him.  As a mission we need to pray in unity for the power of our Heavenly Father to bless not only Elder Graydon but for all missionaries throughout the world.”

Love you all, 
Elder Bass

Later Notes: I commented in my journal that Elder Hanks and Elder Clark are pretty much polar opposites. Their strengths and weaknesses seem to be switched. Elder Hanks struggles socially. He had a few stories that he would retell every day multiple times it seemed. At this point i had a lot of things that i wanted to do but i never either had the confidence to try them with my trainer or i felt we could do something in a more effective way but never tried the idea and didn't have the confidence within myself to try it. Elder Hanks was very non judgmental and willing to try and do anything that was good without really questioning me.

I remember the joy that i felt when sister Tennyson came to Wyoming! I was so excited to be with her.

The first night that we went to bad. I remember feeling inspired to say that i felt like we could do great things together. It was true.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like he's doing welll! So glad I can follow his journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is doing amazing work and having a lot of personal growth. Thanks for sharing :) So neat to see sister tennyson also!

    ReplyDelete