Monday, September 1, 2014

Week 12-Rock Springs, WY



This week has been pretty amazing. We had the opportunity of baptizing and confirming Vicki and Evan Vestre! They are the most amazing couple! I love and care for them soo much! I performed Vicki's baptism and Evan's Confirmation. I was pretty nervous for Evan's confirmation. I had never performed a confirmation let alone in front of the entire congregation! I was nervous and afraid that I wouldn't be able to calm down and say the right things. I almost got to the point of like cold sweating! I prayed earnestly to be able to calm down and relax. He deserved a good blessing after all! For the opening song, they played Joseph Smith's First Prayer. As we were singing the end of the second verse, a phrase really stuck out to me and calmed my mind and my heart. The phrase was "but undaunted still he trusted in his Heavenly Father's care." When it came time to give the confirmation, I was able to focus and my mind was at peace. It wasn't a fluent and eloquent blessing but I tried my best and said the things that I was supposed to. After the baptism, we went over to their house and had a bbq with a lot of their friends from the ward. Some even drove a ways to see them! I will definitely come back and visit! They're such an awesome family.  It's nothing that we did.  They are just simply dry Mormons. For example, we gave a lesson to the Relief Society this past week. We extended the 7-day challenge to them (something that Elder Clark and I created a few weeks ago to help members do missionary work). Today they called us and said they had a service project for us. They asked their non-member neighbor for a service project this morning! So that's what I was doing a few hours ago.
I love the work. I love my area. I love this gospel.
-Elder Bass

Later Notes: 
This week i went on an exchange with Elder Martineau and Elder Jensen. Elder Clark hurt his ankle playing basketball. We taught a lesson to the family of the Hoosiers. Elder Jensen and Elder Martineau harshly chastised me. They said that i need to know preach my gospel much better and study it more and it was a terrible lesson that we had. I was pretty upset about that experience. Quite a while later at an MLC he apologized for how he handled the situation. 

One experience that i had, was one night driving back to our apartment. Elder Clark was playing a rap type song. I said that we needed to turn it off. He said that he wouldnt. I think that i tried to turn if off and he stopped me. I was filled with emotion and anger. I think that i just looked out the window and didnt talk to him for the rest of the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment