Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 95--Murray, UT

This week was awesome!

Trent was baptized on Tuesday. It was a great service. There was a few
people that bore their testimonies and Elder Archer and I shared the
restoration in the middle of the service! Trent is a great guy and
hates attention but I think that he thoroughly enjoyed the service. He
denies it, but I saw him shed a few tears!

Melanie watched conference with a family from the ward. It was awesome!They cooked a big breakfast that was super good! She also went to a black fireside where there was singing and dancing and shouting and praising the name of the Lord. She was excited to see some of her culture integrated into the church!

I had a unique and touching impression during conference about one of
our investigators named Raquel. I really have a love and caring for
her. She has had a crazy life and is in the perfect position to learn
about the gospel. I felt the impression that when she saw what her
life was going to be like down here while in the pre-existence, she was
pretty upset about all of the hardships she would go through. One of
the highlights of her life was us bringing the gospel to her. It was
like I could see Elder Archer and I through her eyes. I could see the
light she saw in us and the mantle that qualifies us to be representatives
of the Savior. Upon further thought, I realized things have worked out
very favorable for us to teach her. Things that normally wouldn't
happen and doors that typically wouldn't open.

I have seen many mighty miracles on my mission for which I will praise
his name forever. (Alma 26)

Sent from my iPad
Later notes:
One of the nights, i remember meeting my future family. I went to a dinner appointment where i saw a family. It was a warning for me. I could tell that the mother was yearning for something that was missing from her home. They had a bunch of great kids and the husband was apathetic. Thats what the wife was yearning for a father in the home. The dad just seemed disconnected lazy and apathetic. I reasoned that i had the possibility of turning out like this if i didnt do a few things. This man was an engineer so it naturally deterred me from the field of engineering. It was a quite testimony to me that i should pursue the field of law.






No comments:

Post a Comment