Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 74--Evanston, WY

I love that Alex's mission presidents wife takes individual pictures of them every 6 months or so. It is great to have these!





This week was pretty sweet. I am staying in WY another transfer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy! Evanston I think has been my favorite area. Elder Christensen is leaving. He was one of my harder companions. I hope he does well in his new area. I did grow to understand him a lot better after a few weeks of open communication. He really is a good guy and he is trying to be a good missionary. One of the big things he taught me was how to be more consecrated. That helped me a lot. I can say with confidence that Elder Christensen is a consecrated missionary. I do love the guy and I hope that he finds happiness and success in his next area.

We have a baptism this weekend for which i am very excited. Her name is Monica. She is currently trying to find somewhere else to live because the lady that she is staying with temporarily (because of her divorce) hates the church and doesn't want her to live there. I am so impressed by Monica's faith. I know that she will be taken care of. We are continuing to work with a lot of the youth. 

I went on exchanges with Elder Fallin this week. He is a good guy. We got along really well and everything kind of fell into place that night. We were able to teach and find a new investigator. We were able to get in contact with some people that he had been trying to for a while. We didn't know what we were going to do at one point during the exchange so we decided to pray. I felt like we should go to Maverick and talk to someone in there. We did and we talked to this guy that wasn't really interested. It felt good to accomplish God's will. Whenever you don't know what to do, say a quick prayer and see if God has any ideas he's willing to share. I find that the more we seek and follow his counsel on important things the better we feel and we receive a greater portion of the spirit. It feels good to do Gods will.

Love you all; have a wonderful week!
-Elder Bass
Wyoming zone mission tour



Before the formal pic

Another Wyoming zone picture (Alex in back middle)

No comments:

Post a Comment