Monday, November 2, 2015

Week 73--Evanston, WY

Things were pretty good this week. During the middle of the week, Elder Christensen and I sat down and talked about things. We both thought the work could be going better and the area had a lot of potential but we are never quite reaching it. We talked about things we could do to gain God's trust. We came up with a plan and the next lesson we went to was with a guy named Brett. We taught him once and we weren't sure how interested he was. We followed up with him and he said that he read the chapter and felt peace so he decided to keep reading it. I think he said he was in 2 Nephi. We invited him to be baptized and he accepted the invitation. He came to church for the first time yesterday and seemed to have a really good experience. He said he loved,"people coming together and sharing their feeling together." He mentioned how he was used to a world where everyone fended for themselves. He mentioned how it was nice to feel somewhat unified and apart of something.

Halloween was fun. After 6pm we went and hung out with other missionaries. We played some basketball and a few group games. 

I had a wonderful time fasting this week. I was able to receive a lot of personal strength. Something that really helped me was me making a conscious choice in my mind to choose to believe that fasting works. I said quite a few prayers about my purpose and all in all it was just an uplifting experience. I know that fasting is something that is of God. I know that it actually works and brings happiness and peace in a powerful way! 

Love you all take care
-Elder Bass

No comments:

Post a Comment