Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 59--Evanston, WY






Ella and Cashae Brooks baptism


This week has been good. There is so much work in WY. There were some awesome kids who were baptized this week. Their names are Eli and Cashae Brooks. Their parents had some major divorce problems but we were able to be the mediators and get things worked out. I went on exchanges in Rock Springs and some of my recent converts put on a lunch for me! I found out the one of them (Marianna) is pregnant! Her and her husband serve in primary! I was so excited and happy to learn that!

We met two people this week who want to be baptized. One is a girl who is about to go off to college at UVU, so I will see her in a year or so. Another is a guy who just showed up at church. We met with him afterwards. Its was a very spiritual lesson and many of the people there were in tears! His name is Eric. He is insanely prepared and he is a very nice guy. He had a lot of drinking problems from a crazy divorce. He has been sober for a while now and we met him at the perfect time! I think that God's hand is perhaps most manifest in coincidence and opportunity. We have seen so many of them of them both lately. Our zone had 11 baptisms this past weekend which is record-breaking for our mission. I feel like we are so undeserving of all that we've been given.

My companion and I get along well. He is an outstanding missionary. He is very receptive to the spirit and boldly follows it's promptings. I am trying to be more like him. We get along well and he is very excited about exercising. We get up at 5:40am most days to work out. We have a crossfit gym and another full gym that are free to us. I love God. I love the work. I know that Jesus truly has power to forgive sin. I constantly strive to be more grateful, more humble, and more converted.

-Elder Bass

No comments:

Post a Comment