Monday, July 14, 2014

Week 5-Rock Springs, WY

Umm lets see this week...  Emailing is so time consuming. Maybe its just because I'm a slow typer haha.

We have done a lot of service this week. The National High school Rodeo is held here so we have been volunteering there! We've met people from all over the country and Canada! We got a cool tshirt and free tickets to the rodeo which we're going to be using tonight!

This is such a blessed area! We have seen so many lessons.We actually have a baptism this weekend. His name is Justin, and he's from South Carolina. He moved up here for a girl and she dumped him a few weeks later. So he was kinda stuck... He started working at Taco Bell and met us (we're trying to get him to hook us up haha). We started teaching him and he looks really thuggish but he's such a nice guy. I've really had to get over my judging barriers. Yesterday he told us a girl is moving up here from South Carolina for him. She's a not a member and he said he told her that it wasn't gonna happen unless they went to church and stuff. Such a proud moment!

Our stake leaders and bishops are awesome! It does seem to fall off a little bit at the Elders Quorum, but we're working with them. We have such a great vision for the area. I know that we can do great things with God!

Elder Clark is a great guy! We are really starting to play off each other and be good at teaching! Most of what we do is just create an environment so that the spirit can touch them. Without God and his help our effort are ineffective and virtually meaningless. We have 4 people on date for baptism in this area. We are working with 10 more or so! I love working with the members and I testify that the more they are involved the more success we have. Easily.

I am going on exchanges with a guy from my MTC district we're both really excited and it will be cool to run my area for the first time. Hopefully I dont get lost!

Super excited for tonight I'm going to try and get a belt buckle at the rodeo!

The spirit leads and guides us in all that we do! It's hard work for it to be that way though. I wish I could talk to Jared. It would be such a great experience for him. I can't think of any experiences off the top of my head so I'll try to write them down when they happen. Thank you for all the love and support! I love you all!

-Elder Bass

Later Notes:

The beginning of my mission i struggled a lot with small talk and getting people to feel comfortable around me. I think that helped me so much was the week long exchange that happened this week. It was really only about 3-4 days.

The guy i was with at the time, Elder Williams, was a great missionary. He was very timid and shy. He would almost do no talking so it was all pretty much up to me.

I remember looking forward to the exchanges that we went on. It was a time when i got to do things completely my way. A lot of the things that my trainer did were irritating to me. One of the things was he would spend along time small talking. He would talk to some people as long as they would let him. I remember listening to conversations next to him for like 40 min+.

Alex's two buddies meet in the Salt Lake City-West mission today!!  Nick picked Derek up at the airport after spending 6 weeks in the Mexico MTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment