Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 93--Murray, UT

This week....hmmm.....

I went to a Christians United Choir performance this week. This is a group that represents a number of different Christian churches. One of their goals is to promote friendly relations between all religions through the praising of our Savior. They get together every Easter season to perform their program, “Jesus is the Christ”. It was really good. There were pictures of Christ up everywhere. I remember looking at one during the performance and thinking the words, “Learn of me". We have a book called "Jesus the Christ" written by James E. Talmage. It is a very deep and insightful book, close to 800 pages. This one of the books in the approved missionary library. I have avoided it most of my mission, but I decided to go for it after the concert and the thoughts I had. So far, so good!

We started teaching this lady named Raquel. She is 23 and living with her boyfriend and they have a few kids. Their lives are kinda broken up and there is a few drug problems. We are trying to help them piece things back together. So far they are keeping commitments and striving to follow the gospel, so I am very happy and hopeful for them.

I am staying with my companion for one more transfer so another 6 weeks. I'm pretty excited; he's a great kid. Here's a picture of him and then us during one of our study sessions in the mornings!

Love y’all!



Later Notes: One of the things i tried to do in my areas was get to know everyone and know people at each residence. Get to the point where I had established a presence in the community there. I feel like by the end i really had accomplished that goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment