Monday, June 8, 2015

Week 52--Holladay, UT

In front of our house

Elder Baldry with me making copies in the background

Wow a lot has happened! I am happy and content with life. I am try to more earnestly rely on God. I am trying to help and to lift and encourage those around me! I love the gospel. Recently we met a lady named Claire. We saw her in one of our apartment complexes and started talking to her! She said that she was a Christian missionary in Hong Kong! We gave her our number and said if she ever needed anything to call us! Fast forward to Saturday and we received a call from her. She was crying and she said that her husband and her got in a big fight and the neighbors called the police. Because of this incident their kids had to stay with someone else. They recently moved in and didn't trust the people in the apartment so they called us and asked for a bishop. We got in contact with one of the bishops and he came over. He said when he picked up the kids for 24 hours that they told him that they were open to religion and ready to make changes in their life! They are a family of 4. I am very excited to work with them!

Also in one of our wealthier neighborhoods, there is a recently married couple who is interested in learning the Gospel. We will meet with both of them this week.

We met with Martha this week and set a tentative baptismal date for her. She is very lonely and she would greatly benefit from all of the blessing that the restored Gospel has to offer. She is slowly coming to see the marvelous light of the gospel!

I love God. I love His work. It is very exciting for me to do it everyday! I love to find the miracles and opportunities God makes available to us each and every day!

I love you all!!!

-Elder Bass

No comments:

Post a Comment