Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 71--Evanston, WY

This week has been good! Elder Christensen's birthday is today. The other Elders in the apartment and I bought him a cake and bought him a little Frozen doll. He loves Frozen. He loves Motab and musicals and singing and anything to do with the arts. He doesn't care about too many other things. I have definitely over my mission felt an increase in love for other people. I have prayed many nights for it. Now, someone suggested that I pray for ways I can show that love. 

I went on exchanges this week with a missionary from Oklahoma. His name is Elder Moe. He has been on his mission for like 9 weeks. We started the exchange with a prayer and we then said about 30 more prayers the rest of the night. Elder Moe LOVES to pray. We set a goal in the beginning of the exchange and said that we would find 3 new investigators. We would go somewhere and then pray to find out where we were going next and we did that the entire night. We also found 3 new investigators which was awesome. There was one guy who walked in the door while we were teaching, we got up and introduced ourselves. He shook our hands and then gave us the peace sign and went in another room. We continued teaching one of the new investigators. At the end, we asked them if they had a Book of Mormon. They said no. We said we were going to grab one from the car. Chris walks in as we say that and he says grab 2! He had been listening the whole time. We gave him a chapter to read and invited him and them to pray about it. It was a cool experience. As a result of the exchange I find myself praying a lot more and seeking God's will instead of just doing what my routine is. It was just funny how I was prideful and wasn't expecting to really learn too much from him, and I learned a lot!

Another cool thing that happened was we said a prayer as to what places to visit and then a house came to mind that I had never before seen and the location. We went there and they invited us in and they are now investigators. I had the thought come to me where I wondered how many more blessings are available to those who simply ask for what they need and desire righteously.

-Elder Bass

No comments:

Post a Comment