Monday, September 14, 2015

Week 66--Evanston, WY

Things are good this week. We hit the standard of excellence which is kind of crazy high. The zones numbers were super high. We did feel like people weren't receiving as much fulfillment in their work. So, we decided to fast as to what we could do. There seemed to be a negative tone. We fasted yesterday and got some answers and we are going to start trying to build faith more. Faith without works is dead and likewise works without faith is dead.

Hillary was baptized this weekend. It was a very emotionally charged experience. Scott (the mayor's son) in his youth went super wayward and committed some grievous sins and he has always been like that. Its been a long process teaching them including the entire time that I've been in Evanston. Scott was finally worthy to baptize his wife, Hillary, and she was so ready. She has received a recognizable testimony and it was very obvious to tell the power that the ordinance had to her. Anyways, the mayor spoke and he started by saying how happy he was for a daughter-in-law and how proud he was of a son. I couldn't help but shed a few tears. I was so happy for them and for their family and so grateful to God to be a part of this experience.

I have good relationships with all my companions except my first companion won't email me back! I'll see him when I go home though. I've loved all my companions. I've been blessed with amazing ones. They all have been really easy to get along with and they all have been really good for me. I'm not sure which one is my favorite; they have all been awesome. It might be Elder Baldry since I spent so much time with him!

Love you all! Thanks for being a part of my life!

Hillary's baptism


No comments:

Post a Comment