Monday, August 31, 2015

Week 64--Evanston, WY


ZL is good. We have insane amounts of freedom. So theres is a lot of internal pressure to do the right because there’s absolutely no external pressure except from the other missionaries that we seldom see. We have a zone meeting the first friday of every month. For zone conference three zones meet up. We will give a thirty minute training. Zone conference takes place every third transfer. I love my companion. I think that he is my favorite one so far. He is very intelligent and a powerful missionary! He is going home at the end of this transfer. Area is good; we get many lessons each week. We regularly find new people to teach and we get baptisms around every week to every other week.

Elder Christiansen of the presidency of the seventy came and talked to the stake. He talked about the two fundamental pillars of testimony. Namely, jesus christ and Joseph Smith. When we know that they were true and honest people who did the things they say they did then your testimony is good! He told us to try and strengthen our understanding and conversion to these two people. He met and talked to a few of our investigators who came. I honestly don’t remember much about what happened this week. The people here are very in to rodeos and things of that sort. The number one calf roper in the nation has some friends that we will soon be teaching! Members here are not afraid whatsoever to talk to and invite their friends.

Ciera Bomer was able to be baptized this past week. She is a 9 year old girl and her family has now returned back to activity.They are a wonderful family who just fell by the way side because they werent as firmly planted in the gospel. They are willing and ready and they have felt super happy after they started keeping their commitments!

I love the gospel. I am currently trying to be more consecrated. I have seen amazing blessing for my small efforts to give little things up. Mostly in the way that i feel. I have had the spirits influence in my life in a much greater degree! I am very grateful for the Saviors sacrifice that enables me to have reconciliation with God. The more I give up and keep the commandments, the more fully I am cleansed and I then receive a more full presence of the Spirit!

-Elder Bass

Shells and cheese with moose me

No comments:

Post a Comment