Monday, January 19, 2015

Week 32-Holladay, UT

Transfers came. I will be staying with Elder Thompson another transfer. I am excited and we will find a lot of success together. I am trying to repent more and change more. I want to be a different person coming back. I have made some good friends this transfer and they will for the most part all be staying. That is exciting. I honestly don't know what to talk about so much happens its hard to single out things. 

Esther came to church and she was engulfed into one of our wards. She said a prayer in Swahili in one our classes and shared her testimony in Relief Society. The members absolutely love her and us. They spoil us so much. Esther is already like converted! She is ready and will be baptized the 31st! I love her so much; she is so funny. She is from Uganda and lived in Kentucky a while. It's funny she is super African but you can tell she's lived in KY for a little bit! I really wish everyone can meet these people they are all so amazing. 

Also another thing about Esther. When we found her at the baptism, she lived way outside our area. We taught her the first discussion later. That night, in our companionship prayer, I asked God that if we were supposed to teach her that she would be able to move into our area and if not that we could pass of the referral quickly and successfully. She had told us that she was possibly thinking about moving. The next morning she calls us and told us she was evicted from her apartment. She then moved to our area. It is amazing to see the Lord do his work.

Curtis also came to church and brought his mother. They should both be baptized this next month. Curtis has come a long ways. He is really awesome and keeping all of his commitments. He is beginning to see the light of the gospel. It is cool to see.

My district was struggling a lot when I came in. One companionship has completely turned around their area the other is still struggling. It's hard to work with people and give them advice. The companionship who is struggling simply just won't work. It's a shame to be wasting two years of your life. 

I gave someone an interview at temple square the other day. As the Elder I was on exchanges with and I walked out of temple square, we started talking to a few homeless people. We gave them a Book of Mormon and told them to give it to one of their friends. One of them is an alcoholic and asked for a blessing. The other one's friend died and asked for a blessing of comfort. So we gave two homeless people a blessing just outside temple square. It was an experience I'm not sure I will forget. We also found a new investigator that night. Elder Valdez is a good zone leader. There is so much to say. I am trying to memorize scriptures and quote them when I need them. I am excited to try it out. Things are looking up a lot in our area! We have found much success and continuously see doors open and our path unfolds to amazing things each day. I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ his son. They are so involved in my life and bless me with so much!

-Elder Bass

Later Notes: I remember the first time that i worked out with weights. We used the top of a dresser as a bench and had a circuit training. I was so intensely sore the next week all of my upper body. It was very painful. We drove to the zone leaders house and worked out with them.

We went to a brazilian steakhouse this week to celebrate Elder Graydons birthday. It was fun i did feel a little upset because we were being cliquish. Only three companionships went. 

That night with Elder Valdez or it may have been another night close to, we went and knocked on apartment doors having the faith that we would find a new investigator for YSA. Sure enough a guy opens the door who is YSA and invites us in.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment