Monday, December 8, 2014

Week 26-Rock Springs, WY

I don't have much time so I will just give you an update on the main stuff! Edna was baptized. Edna is the picture I sent you. She had an amazing baptism. She was in tears after her confirmation. She brought her friends and we will be teaching one of them. Her name is Sandra and possibly another one who is named Mamado. Tomorrow I will be transferred some where else though. Last night, I was called into leadership which will be tough because there will be a lot more on my plate. I was up a lot of the night thinking about that. I don't feel ready, but I know God will help me. I feel I have fulfilled my purpose in Rock Springs. I have seen some of the fruits of my labors and it is very joyous. I have seen the light the Gospel can bring to a life and a family. There will be many here who I will come back and visit. I would love for you to meet those I've worked with. All in all, i am happy and content to leave. I feel like I have done a good work here. It is an amazing feeling. I love you all sorry my email will be better next week. Thanks.
Elder Bass

Later Notes: At the baptismal service there was a few of her friends. It was good. At the end, we asked if some of them would meet with us. One named Sandra said that she would. Elder Hanks and Is last lesson we put Sandra on date before she left back to brazil. She didnt end up getting baptized here but im sure she probably got baptized in South America where she went.

I was always annoyed with Elder Wilson. He always seemed self righteous. There was one experience he had where he prayed and asked god if the district needed anything. He felt prompted to call sister Tennyson. She said that in her prayer that morning she had said if she needed a blessing have her District Leader contact her. I remember that left quite the impression on me.

When i reflect back on my experiences of Rock Springs i am very proud of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment