Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Week 9-Rock Springs, WY

I remember the days when I started driving! I guess for some it's learned and for some it comes naturally! Its hard dealing with people. Most people have little things that really get to them and that they really have problems with!

We had an awesome week with everything that happened. We had a few really cool lessons! Vicki and Evan are people that we found when I was on exchanges with Elder Williams. They are so amazing and prepared! They started donating to charity organizations when their church accepted gay marriage and they left. They have no word of wisdom problems. They don't even drink caffeine! They keep commitments and they came to church this week! We already have 3 people on date for the 23. With Vicki and Evan it would be 5.

We also had another really cool lesson. Trisha has been going though a lot. This week we stopped by. Going in we had a plan of teaching her lesson 3. But it was very clear once we had been in for a few minutes that we needed to teach lesson 2! I really didn't want to follow the prompting because I really wanted to teach the 3rd one and commit her to be baptized. I followed it and it turned out really well. The spirit was definitely there. She had a lot of questions and I felt like we really helped her. We asked her to be baptized but she said she wasn't quite ready. I know she will come around soon. I really don't think things would have gone well if we would have taught the other lesson. It would probably be too confrontational or something. I don't know I'm definitely glad I followed the spirit. I'll keep you updated! Love you all
-Elder Bass

Later Notes: In my journal, I told of an experience teaching Vicki and Evan. It was hard to initiate the spiritual stuff for me at that time. I did and we talked about the spiritual stuff for a second and then vicki started on another story. Elder Clark kept encouraging her. I felt anger. I looked at a picture of the savior in the front of the Book of  Mormon. I felt peace and kept myself composed during the lesson. At that time it was beyond all reason to "small talk" that long we were missionaries after all.

This week Elder Clark told me his trainer and him would go to the library and look up Mormon messages. We did that and Elder Clark started emailing his girlfriend. We did this quite a few times. Every time without fail, he would email his girlfriend. I got acquainted with the Mormon messages there were a few times that i also checked my email.

I had an experience with the enabling power of the Atonement where i thought i was failing and being disobedient. I prayed and expressed my desire to change and live differently. I felt the strength and the power to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment